Russian gay people have little knowledge about HIV post-exposure prophylaxis
European Internet survey of men who have sex with men (EMIS-2010), showed dramatically low level of knowledge among Russian homosexuals about post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.
It is noted that their knowledge on general issues of HIV is high enough, especially in St. Petersburg. Even the knowledge about post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) there is significantly (5%) higher than in Russia as a whole.
· 27/12/2011 Kostroma: "promotion of homosexuality" made a crime, gay activists detained violently
· 26/12/2011 The Cossacks urge the State Duma to ban professions for gays and lesbians
· 25/12/2011 Gays and lesbians come to the meetings "For Fair Elections!"
· 10/12/2011 Gay scenes removed from Russian TV show. Show discontinued
· 10/12/2011 The Russian LGBT-network asking to attend opposition meetings
· 07/12/2011 COE Secretary General: Anti-Gay Laws Separate Russia and Europe
· 07/11/2011 Up to 50% of gay men in Russia conceal their homosexuality from families